Not able to concentrate on studies??
Being Student, Concentration and Mental fitness is very important in today’s stressful life. Often, Many students complain that they are not able to concentrate on studies at all. They easily get distracted by unwanted thoughts or they get involved in some other time wasting and irrelevant activities. These habits can negatively impact your study goals, not only short term goals but can impact long term goals as well. If you are one of them, you really need to cure these habits.In this post, top 5 yoga exercises to increase concentration are listed.
Yoga is a combination of physical, mental and spiritual practices. Every Yoga exercise helps you to control your body and mind at a same time. Yoga exercises not only just improves concentration but also reduce many physical illness and improve stamina.
It is very important to learn techniques which help to improve concentration. Developing concentration and mental strength requires a lot of efforts, practice and dedication. Here are 5 easiest and best yoga exercises to increase concentration during studies for long hours and also help in promoting mental strength.
5 easiest and best yoga exercises to increase concentration and mental strength –
Most popular Yoga exercise to increase concentration and mental strength. Meditation is one of the simple, best and powerful technique to overcome the problem of poor concentration. Many research studies have emphasized that regular practice of meditation is very beneficial for brain and brain alertness. It helps to reduce mental stress and anxiety.
How to do Meditation:
- Find a good place for meditation
- Simply sit or lie down comfortably on Yoga Mattress
- Close your eyes and relax your body
- Breath easily.
- Focus on the flow of your breath as it enters and exits through your nostrils.
- Set aside distracting thought if any, and focuses again on breathing.
- Do it for 10 minutes.
2) Nadi Shodhan Pranayam:
It helps to relax the mind and reduces mental stress and fatigue. It improves breathing which circulate oxygen to the brain. This yoga exercises can boost your energy when you’re feeling sluggish and tired. Practicing Nadi Shodhan Pranayam for just a few minutes every day helps keep the mind calm, happy and peaceful.
How to do Nadi Shodhan Pranayam:
- Find a good place for Yoga
- Simply sit down comfortably on Yoga Mattress
- Place the tip of the index finger and middle finger of the right hand in between the eyebrows,
- Place the ring finger and little finger on the left nostril, and the thumb on the right nostril.
- Close your eyes and relax your body.
- Press your right thumb against your right nostril and inhale deeply through your left nostril.
- Once you inhaled, now close off the left nostril with the ring finger and little finger, and then exhale through the right nostril.
- Now inhale deeply through your right nostril.
- Once you inhaled, close off right nostril by using thumb and exhale from left nostril.
- Just finished one set of Pranayam (Inhale from left and exhale from right and then inhale from right and exhale from left.)
- Repeat it for minimum 5 minutes.
3) Kapaal Bhati Pranayam:
Kapaal Bhati Pranayam improves breathing which helps to circulate oxygen to your body. It improves blood circulation and slows down the ageing process. This yoga exercise helps to energizes nervous system and rejuvenates brain cell. It promote calmness and brain alertness. Kapaal Bhati Pranayam helps to reduce weight by increasing metabolic rate. Kapaal Bhati Pranayam provides numerous mental and physical benefits if performed regularly and correctly.
How to do Kapaal Bhati Pranayam:
- Find a good place for Pranayam
- Simply sit straight and comfortably on Yoga Mattress
- Close your eyes and relax your body
- Take a deep Breath in.
- As you exhale, pull your navel in back towards the spine.
- Now relax the navel and stomach.
- Focus on breathing and observe what happens when pull in navel during the Pranayam.
- Do it for 5 minutes.
It helps to increase focus and concentration. It helps to relieve mental stress and increases mental awareness. This yoga pose keeps you energetic and active. This pose is one of the easiest amongs other yoga exercises to increase concentration.
How to do Tadasana :
- Find a good place for Tadasana
- Simply Stand straight and make small gap between feet
- Take a deep Breath in and raise your hand at the same time.
- Now raise your heel and come on the toes.
Note: last 2 steps can be done simultaneously.
- Stay in same position for at least 30 second with slow and deep breathing.
- Now as you exhale, back to normal position
- Practice as per your convenience.
It helps to increase focus and concentration. It improves breathing, flexibility and stability in your body. Mental stress, anxiety can be reduced effectively. It improves mind stability, mental alertness. It helps to improve mind body connection and increases mental awareness.
How to do Vrikshana:
- Find a good place for yoga
- Simply stand straight
- Bend your right knee and place the right foot high up on your left thigh.
- Left leg should be straight and try to balance.
- Once you are comfortable, take a deep breath in and bring your hand together in NAMASTE position.
- Make sure that your spine is straight and you are looking straight ahead.
- Keep breathing IN and OUT for 2 minutes or as per your convenience, relax your body and balance your pose
- Now with slow exhalation, bring down your hands and right leg back to normal standing position.
- Now repeat it again with left leg on right thigh.
Yoga exercises to increase concentration will also promotes positive thinking which is very important to live life happily and without stress. For best result, try to incorporate above listed yoga exercise into your daily life.
I hope above yoga exercises will definitely help you improving concentration and accelerate learning process. Please share with your friends on social networks.Do not forget to Subscribe our YouTube channel for useful videos, Also Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Keep Smiling, Keep Visiting and Keep Learning.